Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology

I have a metallic smell to my discharge. Some cramping, and

Customer Question

I have a metallic smell to my discharge. Some cramping, and and more discharge than normal. But I also have a 8 month old who I breastfeed full time 6+ times a day.
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: I am under stress, low libido, vaginal dryness, thin milky discharge, seems the more sugary products I consume the stronger the smell. If I am properly hydrated... Not many issues. Discharge started 3 days ago.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: I had 2 c-sections, I am on Zoloft, fatigue
JA: Our top Gynecologist is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Gynecologist in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Gynecologist until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 7 months ago.

This is Dr. David

metallic smell to vaginal discharge is often due to blood and iron in blood coming out in vaginal discharge

how old are you?

when was your last menstral cycle?

you could be having some old residual blood in your uterus coming out.

you should see your gyn doctor and get your urine checked for infection as well.

thick milky discharge can be from a vaginal fungal infection as well which often causes itchiness as well.

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am 32, my last cycle was about 8 or more days ago,
My first day of my menses the blood was dark
I was anemic while pregnant
Expert:  Dr David replied 7 months ago.
I see. This could still be blood from a period or from a caginal fungal infection. You still need a gyn examination. Are you on iron now to help bring up your red blood cell levels?