Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

I have a question about a yeast infection, I had what I

Customer Question

I have a question about a yeast infection
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had what I thought was a yeast infection- all the signs, white cottage cheese discharge, burning itching. I did the manistat but also had my period and was using tampons so it didn't really work. I went and got fluconazole on Tuesday. The main symptom has been really swollen tissue inside the hole of my vagina. It feels fleshy and swollen and not like how it usually feels. When I took the fluconazole the past couple days more discharge has come out but now that's stopped and today (day three) it's still really really swollen inside and only kind of iches/burns after I feel around Is the swelling normal? When will it go down?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 8 months ago.

three days after using fluconazole symptoms should definitely decrease, otherwise the treatment seems not to be sufficient. So I would recommend another local therapy with clotrimazole, if this doesn´t succeed neither, examination by your OB/GYN would be necessary.

Hope you get well soon, kind regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They have decreased. I haven't had discharge today and the itching and burning is basically gone. The swelling however is not, and I'm wondering if having swelling inside is normal. It's also more fleshy then it normally feels. And much tighter.

ok, so you can await the further progression for 2 more days, sitz baths with a chamomile solution from pharmacy can support healing.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
is having swelling like that normal at all??m

Yes, that can still arise from the infection but should get better during the next 2 days.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok and what's chamomile solution? What exactly should I do to help healing? Should i do another monisat or just let it be

You can use a monistat ovule again, sitz baths with the chamomile liquid can help additionally.

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating(3-5 stars).

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele