Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I am feeling pretty bad I feel like maybe more than one

Customer Question

Hi I am feeling pretty bad I feel like maybe more than one thing is going on. I have been have some pains in my lower abdomen. They sort of feel like PMS at first but now Im wondering if its my kidney or urinary tract but then my throat started bothering me, I'm coughing up greenish yellowish mucus, with a little red and I just feel really weak and achy. I have some type of infection but I don't know what
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other symptoms?

How long has this been going on for?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been having a really bad headaches. The abdomen pains have been for about 2 weeks, but the aches and mucus are only a about 3 days

Thank you for that additional information.

It is possible that you have caught that nasty flu that is going around. Heck most of my staff have already caught it as well as my wife. Why I've been spared so far is a mystery ;)

That being said, since your pain has been going on for two weeks now it is probably time for you to see your OB/GYN.

There are a lot of things in a woman's lower abdomen that can cause this sort of pain lasting weeks. Some of them are no big deal, but some can be very serous, such as PID, ovary or Fallopian tube problems etc.

And, with the weekend rapidly approaching you should probably try to get seen sooner rather than later.

This is the same advice I'd give to any of my daughters.

Does this make sense to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much I'll try to be seen soon. I was planning to go but I decided to get a second opinion first. I was told I may have endometriosis a few months ago but this pain is different than what I usually have.

I hope you feel better soon and I'm glad to hear that you will be able to be seen soon.

Have a good weekend.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS