Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.

I'm in montedoro sicily with my girlfriend and she would

Customer Question

I'm in montedoro sicily with my girlfriend and she would like to get an abortion but we don't know where to go
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: What do you want to know
JA: Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: Our top Gynecologist is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Gynecologist in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Gynecologist until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 7 months ago.

Termination of Pregnancy and Abortion in Italy

Italy legalized abortion in 1978. Any woman in Italy has 90 days (12 weeks) from the date of conception to request a termination of pregnancy.

Under the law, the termination must be due to health, economic, social or family reasons. A pregnant woman must get proof as to the state of the pregnancy from her local doctor (general practitioner) or from a maternal health care clinic, which will then make the appointments with the hospital.

An abortion may only be carried out in a public hospital. It is free to women who have an Italian health card; foreign women have to pay for the procedure. There are no special abortion clinics in Italy.

You are very early in the pregnancy so you will likely qualify for a medical termination of pregnancy rather than surgery. The medical termination is done by pills given over a specific time period and is a safe and much less expensive option.

The only information I could find is that you need to find a public hospital to have the procedure.

Please leave a positive rating, so that I will be credited for my time.