Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

I was scheduled to get my period monday, but I got it

Customer Question

I was scheduled to get my period monday, but I got it sunday. It seemed to start normal, but then noticed Tuesday was barely any and then was brown pieces and spots when wipe. Today brown spots too when wipe. Usually period is normal full blood no brown for about 5 days. Does this mean anything? Thanks
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for query,

Your period can change in flow and intensity and duration in different factors depending on diet stress and physical activity. As far as they are regular and no heavy bleeding nothing much to worry about.

Please a positive rating for the service as that is the only way I receive credit for my time and effort.

Warm regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Would like a second opinion as well. Thanks
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jennifer,

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you.

Brown color and thick spots indicate that you are passing little clots.

About the color change, by the end of the period, the color of the blood, changes to brown and black, it doesn't mean any pathology.

The clots will not infer anything except they indicate little heavy bleeding.

If this continues for next periods, make sure you see a doctor to check Gynaec examination done once and check blood counts to see you have no anemia.

For now, no need any investigations.

Any questions ask me, or request to leave a positive rating, - only then I get credit for the answer.

Wish you good health.

Do you have any questions? If no, please leave a positive rating.