Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology
41363181

I just heard from my doctor that when I had a recent CT

Customer Question

I just heard from my doctor that when I had a recent CT scan, they think there is an IUD from about 25 years ago still inside of me. Is this going to be a problem. I'm now 60...and to be honest, I don't ever remember not having one removed.
JA: The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: I have recently been diagnosed with mild diverticulitis. that's what started this...jeez!
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 8 months ago.

This is Dr. David

i would get a copy of this CT scan and report.

there could be some old blood causing calcifications in the uterus which can cause brightness on a CT scan which can look like an IUD

you might need a uterine transvaginal ultrasound which can look at the uterus more directly and confirm if you really have an IUD still in there or just old blood and calcifications.

did your doctor set you up for a transvaginal ultrasound of the uterus?