Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I've been using rephresh lately because I have BV. Yesterday

Customer Question

I've been using rephresh lately because I have BV. Yesterday I had protected sex with my husband but still noticed an odor. Can it be from the condom?
JA: The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: I used rephresh for the first time 3 days ago. But last night when I had protected sex. We smelled a musky odor. I'm not sure if it was just the condom that made my vaginal area smell bad or if I'm not using rephresh properly
JA: Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: I also had watery discharge right after. No fishy smell but just a strong musky odor
JA: Our top Gynecologist is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Gynecologist in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Gynecologist until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Condoms do not usually have an odor.

Rephresh alone is not enough to treat acute BV

One would need flagyl, and then to continue the rephresh to prevent recurrence.

I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.