Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

I'm suffering abdominal pain & bleeding after 3days of

Customer Question

I'm suffering abdominal pain & bleeding after 3days of medical abortion of 6week pregnancy...
Pain is at the lower abdomen including right iliac fossa & supra Punta area... Off & on...
Bleeding soaked 3 pads per day.... Is it need to be worried??,?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 10 months ago.

Pain and heavy bleeding after medical abortion could be a sign that the fetus and other parts of preg***** *****ke the placenta have not been aborted completely. There are some parts still in the uterus.

Bleeding which soaks through 3 pads in a day is too heavy and needs to be checked for a cause at the earliest.

Please consult your obgyn or go the emergency room in the local hospital. You need t be examined and get an ultrasound done to check your uterus.

Please click on a positive rating to leave feedback

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When should I consult with the doctor for the latest??? How long can I wait & see???

You should consult as at the earliest - now, if possible. You are losing too much blood