Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have a question I was on the depo shot years mirena year

Customer Question

I have a question I was on the depo shot for 4 years mirena for a year had the iud removed in July of 2015 period became regular in November the 6th of every month well this month period was 2days late breast and nipple tenderness me and my husband had intercouse yesterday and I went to the bathroom and seen pink then more pink so I put on a pad after a while no pink on the bad just when I pee could I be pregnant or period just off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What more details do you need
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry I should have mentioned me and my husband had sex on feb 20th basically around the time I was most fertile and around ovulation day sex almost every other 3-4 days up until yesterday period was due to come March 6th
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

With what you are mentioning it seems like the pink discharge that you had could have been the start of your period or could have been due to hormonal changes that again can happen due to a large number of reasons, the most common being physical and emotional stress.

However, it is always best to confirm by doing a home pregnancy test.

Symptoms of pregnancy do not start until a few weeks after you have missed your periods.

So the tenderness in the breast and nipples is most likely not due to pregnancy. It is likely due to hormonal changes other than pregnancy that commonly happen in ladies.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here

by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.
Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.
Kindest regards