DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I've been trying to conceive past two months, and I think I

Customer Question

Hello! I've been trying to conceive for the past two months, and I think I may have gotten my wish! Although I have signs of early pregnancy, one of which is spotting. I spotted 3-4 days before my actual expected period, light pinkish when wiping, then rusty brown discharge. No cramping or sign of period. On my expected period day I got my period. But it is irregular. Before spotting, I notice a white creamy discharge for about a week before the spotting began. Is this a sign?
JA: The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: Just that I have signs of early pregnancy. My only downfall is my period. Although I've read that in early pregnancy it is possible to still have a light bleed.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Gynecologist responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hi

You would typically not get your period.

It is easy to figure out at this point, take a pregnancy test.

An irregular period is not a sign of pregnancy.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.