Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

A neighbor of mine just died shortly after childbirth, I do

Customer Question

A neighbor of mine just died shortly after childbirth, I do not know the cause. I am 31 weeks pregnant, 35yo and obese. All labs have been normal throughout pregnancy. Blood pressures are generally normal. My gtt was normal, just one level was slightly higher than they wanted it. I have been sedentary throughout my pregnancy due to fatigue/nausea/scared of loss (had 3 years of fertility to get here). Can I start exercising now?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 9 months ago.

Yes, as long as you exercise in moderation. Walking would probably be the best, ***** ***** slowly and then gradually increasing your distance and speed as you feel comfortable.

Exercise during pregnancy is important, and will decrease the chance of problems, just as obesity will increase the chance of problems.

Any amount of exercise you can do will be good for you. Just don't overdo it. You'll know by how your body responds. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thank you.

You're welcome.

Please click the rating stars. Thank you.