Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Abnormal bleeding now, Though a doctor said I have to do a

Customer Question

Abnormal bleeding for 3months now
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: Though a doctor said I have to do a d&c.but i don't know if there is any drugs.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: I did a test in wellstar & it shows uterine thickness.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 9 months ago.

How old are you?

Do you have any idea how thick the uterine thickness was?

How were your periods prior to 3 months ago? Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
20
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have been bleeding all along
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Am 30

What do you mean by bleeding all along?

Did you have monthly periods before 3 months ago? And now are you bleeding every day?

Do you use anything for birth control?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have monthly periods before the irregular bleeding starts
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I used provera and prevnar..but still bleeding

Please tell me how you used the provera - for how many days and whether you repeated it.

Prevnar is a vaccination. Is that what you mean?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I took it once a day for 30 days..cos d lady that met wt me said by 7days .d bleeding would stop.but if it doesn't I should continue taking it.until I met wt another doctor the placed me on prevnar..(3pks).he said when I finished taking d 1st pkt.d blood would stop.I Hv finished d 2nd & stil having slight bleeding

I am unable to find a pill called prevnar. Is it a birth control pill? How many pills are in a pack?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Orthonovum
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
28 are in each pks

Thank you.

Most abnormal bleeding like you're having in a young women will be due to hormonal changes, and most will respond to provera or birth control pills.

If the bleeding is significantly better, but you still have slight bleeding, I would give it one more pack of the Ortho Novum. If the bleeding hasn't stopped by then, you may need a D&C, or else a change to a different birth control pill. I think that most likely the bleeding will become normal using the pill, but sometimes it takes a while.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
what are the different pills you are suggesting..Cos.Some days I bleed more and change pads up to 3 a day.and sometimes slight for just a pad.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

There are many different birth control pills, of which Ortho Novum is one type. Usually if one doesn't clear up the bleeding, another one will.

Sorry, I'm not able to do phone calls now.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
which do u prefer for me.cos i really wanna feel better the way i used to,than this irregular bleeding stuff
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it's making me feel uncomfortable

I would see your doctor. After an exam, your doctor can recommend one of the other birth control pills to help to resolve your bleeding.