DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Internist trained in OB/GYN
55099014

Im a 32 female in good health normal weight eat healthy, ive

Customer Question

Hi im a 32 female in good health normal weight eat healthy, ive noticed since mid last year my periods have changed i use to have my periods for four day now its one or two if im lucky and they have become lighter. The major change im having the most trouble with is this pms before my periods i use to have pms for three days now its up to ten days its agony I become extremely agitated and sad I cry over nothing extremely bad anxiety and panic attacks i get feelings of losing control of myself and snap the agitation is the worst symptom it comes on for no reason and it comes in waves every few minutes go's away for a few seconds then minutes later its back and lasts for hours i feel ill go insane I dont no why this is going on. My breasts become double in size and I can't even touch them without causing ton of pain it hurts o take my bra of and my stomach increases like im pregnant these are new symptoms aswell I suffer from server joint pain in my neck and hands and upper thighs during pms plus bad headaches. Ive had a recent hormone blood test everything come back normal my progesterone was done four days before my periods started and it said normal levels of progesterone was 3.0 to 76.0 mine come back 14.0 on the lower end would this explain my server changes with pms and lighter bleeding also I spot for two days before I actually start my periods, all my blood tests are normal but my iron studies come back with high transferrin saturation normal ferritin and been diagnosed with gilbert's syndrome. Thanks for some advice.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 9 months ago.

thanks for this question

any other medical issues?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi thank you for your reply yes ive been diagnosed with ocd

Thanks for this question.

what does your OB/GYN recommend?

was thyroid tested?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Im waiting to see a gynecogist in two weeks my thyroid was 1.0 normal

Ok good. It sounds to me like your hormone levels are totally out of whack

The treatment of this may include taking birth control pills or SSRIs prior to your period

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My hormones come back normal my progesterone come back to lower end of normal but still in normal range

I am talking about other ones like DHEA and testosterone.

could be PCOS

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Testosterone come back normal and never had other one

You need a dhea level and a pelvic ultrasound

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thanks if they were to come back normal would my progesterone level being in the low end of normal be a cause of my symptoms would progesterone therapy be used
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi would the low range of progesterone cause these symptoms my progesterone come back normal but on the very low scale of normal?

Yes the progesterone could be related

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

If you have more questions, just reply