DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I have been trying ivf and I keep getting miscarriages.

Customer Question

Hi, I have been trying ivf and I keep getting miscarriages. Doctor says I have a bulky Uterus. can this be the cause?
JA: The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: I have tried two IVF pregnancies that ended in miscarriages.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: I am 48 years of age
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Yes, the shape of the uterus can cause miscarriage.

However, a "bulky" uterus is not a cause, and this sounds like he is speculating.

I would get a different, second opinion from another specialis

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.