khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.
20084961

This questions is OBGYN dr. In my last annual pelvic

Customer Question

This questions is for an OBGYN dr. In my last annual pelvic sonogram shows the presence of a fibroid. My dr recommenden an MRI because the sonogram didn't show where the fibroid was attached to. I am attaching the report of the MRI, which my dr says that is not conclusive either. I confirmed that I have two fibroids an a questionable polypoid. Tomorrow I am getting a TV sonogram and a second opinion on the MRI pics. So my dr suggested surgery to be sure, I agree. If I wasn't born with it I don't want it. I feel pressure on my pelvic area, and it presses against the rectum. I am very sensitive, I know my body. Thus I insisted on a second sonogram, that is how they found the fibroid. I am in good health, I am turning 60 this year, active, take good care of myself. I am a widow with two girls, I want to live a long life. My dr is going to have an oncologist on site. If anything looks funny, he will remove the nodes, and clean the cavity. So it can go from removing a fibroid to remove everything, including the cervix. Is it a common practice to have an oncologist on site. Please advice. Thank you.
Cecilia
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach the photos here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your prompt response. I am not a computer expert. But I am trying here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where you able to open the pictures?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

In the image 5, there are two masses (fibroids?) just behind the uterus, which may press the rectum. Usually fibroids shrink after menopause. It might be ovarian tumors.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. So far they all agree about the two fibroids behind the Uterus and yes they make pressure against my rectum. As to having ovarian tumors. Is there another test that can see that better. Does that tissue look normal to you or it looks funny? Is it a common practice on a hysterectomy to have an oncologist on site? Please advice. Thank you. Cecilia
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You should have CA125 in the blood checked which is an ovarian tumor marker. The tissue looks like the muscle layer of the uterus. They could be fibroids. Since they press the rectum, you should have a hysterectomy considering your age. If only they are removed, they would bleed a lot and you may need blood transfusion.