Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

My name is ***** *****. I have a question about the

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** *****. I have a question about the nuvaring.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was using the nuvaring for three months, then stopped for two months. Now I have it again, and my period ended yesterday. Can I insert it today and will I be protected in 7 days, or do I need to wait for my period to start again?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 9 months ago.

you can insert the ring right now, but protection then will be given not until beginning of the next cycle. Another solution would be to await the next period and start at the first day of bleeding.

Best regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele