Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
88055251

I had done a biopsie today so I had a ultrasound mentioned

Customer Question

I had done a biopsie today so I had a ultrasound mentioned that the endometrial lining is 33 mm with a rule out uterine small fabroids what do u think doc about it
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Manos, M.D., board certified ObGyn. I imagine you've been having some irregular vaginal bleeding and you were placed on provera for now. I don't like that the endometrium is 33mm which is pretty thick. The biopsy will determine if there is any hyperplasia of the endometrium. Hyperplasia usually means you haven't been ovulating and the endometrial lining gets thick. The biopsy results may be ok and the provera will shrink the lining. At this point, wait for the results and then the Gyn can come up with a plan.