Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Herpes 1&2, I was seeing a guy. .. we had sex, 4 days later

Customer Question

herpes 1&2
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was seeing a guy. .. we had sex, 4 days later I got a cold sore (which I've had before). I was asymptomatic when we had sex. .. now he is threatening that he and his 2 daughters have herpes. .. but they have no presenting symptoms Could I have given him herpes... we had no contact after having sex prior to the cold sore developing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm also wondering if I've never had symptoms of herpes 2... is there a chance that I could've passed that along as well?
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 9 months ago.

Did you give him oral sex?

Do you know what he means when he says his daughters have herpes?

How long ago did you have sex with him? Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I had oak sex with him 1 week prior to getting the cold sore and sex 4 days prior to.
Idk what he means. .. I think that he thinks that bc he kissed me he has it now and passed it on.

Did you give him oral sex?

What was the date you had sex with him?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I gave him oral sex on 2/3, we had sex on 2/6. I got a cold sore on 2/10 and have had no contact with him since 2/6.

Since you gave him oral sex, he could have gotten genital herpes from you.

If he got oral herpes from you, he could possibly have passed it on to his daughters by kissing them. It's a very contagious virus. But unless his daughters developed cold sores, it seems highly unlikely that they both got herpes from this.

It's possible to have genital herpes and not be aware and have symptoms, but since you got the cold sore prior to giving him oral sex, it's far more likely that he got genital herpes from the oral sex.

He could have gotten both oral and genital herpes from you, oral from kissing and genital from your giving him oral sex.

It's one of the risks of having sex.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, but I didn't get the cold sore prior to having sex or oral sex with him. I got the cold sore 7 days after oral and 4 days after sex. Does the same thing still apply

Had you never had a cold sore before?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
since I was a child

You're contagious before the cold sore comes. And you can spread the herpes virus even when you have no symptoms. So I think the same things apply.