Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
88055251

I am 5 months pregnant and i use to smoke marijuana on a

Customer Question

hi i am 5 months pregnant and i use to smoke marijuana on a daily basis when i found out i was pregnant in Oct i stopped. i was very nauses and everything after stopping and still was nauses i had a bday in feb and i smoked for about 5 days. i want to know will the drug still be in my system when i deliver in June 21
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Manos, M.D., board certified ObGyn. Your question has to do with your use of marajuana for five days in February and you had not done the marajuana since October. You want to know if the drug will be detected in your system when you're due in June. It probably will not be detected. There has been concern with marajuana and premature labor and birth. It would be wise to not have it detected in pregnancy as it invites state investigators to monitor your care for the newborn. Like I said, it wouldn't be in your system by June. That depends on when you introduce it before your due date. You don't need the hassle.