Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I have a small bump on the very beginning of the opening of

Customer Question

I have a small white bump on the very beginning of the opening of my vaginal outter lips and its very painful I have yeast infection like discharge
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its been there for about 5 days now
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 9 months ago.

Does the white bump have some redness around it?

Is the surface raw, like an ulcer? Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It feels like a cut

A raw area that feels like a cut is likely genital herpes, although it would require an exam and possibly a culture to be sure. An exam can tell so much better than a description.

I would recommend seeing a doctor soon to get it figured out. Genital herpes will disappear in a week or so after it starts, and when it's gone, there may be no way to know what it was.

In the meantime, sitting in water with epsom salts will be soothing and healing, regardless of the cause. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Even if its just one

Yes. Genital herpes is often manifested by many small ulcers, but it can be only one.