DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Internist trained in OB/GYN
55099014

I've been using the CBFM (Clearblue Fertility Monitor) 12

Customer Question

I’ve been using the CBFM (Clearblue Fertility Monitor) for about 12 months now. For EVERY month I got a Peak. The only time I never got a Peak and just got all Highs was the very first time I used it when the monitor was still getting to know my cycles.
Last month, I turned 34 and this cycle is ONLY TIME EVER that the monitor never gave me a Peak at all. I’m still getting Highs way past my expected Peak day, but it looks like I won’t be getting a Peak anymore anytime soon.
My cycles are pretty predictable for over 12 months – always got a Peak around CD14-18. I only got few days of Highs.
What’s going on??? Did my fertility just take a nose dive since I turned 34 last month and lost all my eggs??? What are the chances???
I’m really frustrated, scared, and paranoid as this isn’t normal for me.
The issue is, the moment I decided to take a break on temping is the very moment that the monitor decides to act bonkers!!! It’s like they’re ganging up on me! I mean, yes, the monitor could be faulty, but of all the times it could be faulty, why did it have to be the month I decide to take a break on temping and the very next month I turned 34??? Did my fertility just take a nose dive after 34?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is there any way to upgrade so I can get a faster reply?
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for this question

Sorry about the late reply

Do you have any other medical issues that might be related?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, I don't have any medical issues. I'm healthy, eat well, and sleep good. The only different thing I did this month was make more healthy fruit/veggie smoothies. If anything, I would think that would contribute to a more positive change, not this.The Clearblue monitor and my basal temps always coincided - I got a Peak for every temp dip. But now that I took a break from taking temps, it seems like the monitor decided to "coincide" with it as well by acting outside the normal. It's now just Highs for 7 days.

I would say the only way your monitor is correct if you start not having periods

your eggs don't just go kaput without something like that happening too

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's very odd that the past 12 months of using the monitor and taking basal temps, everything went fine. Everything coincided. But the month after my 34th birthday (the same month I decided to take a break from temping), is also when the monitor decides to go bonkers. It just seems very untimely.I don't feel stressed about work-related things. But I have been thinking a lot about conceiving/not being able to conceive.

stranger things have happened!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What do you recommend for next steps? Now that the monitor seems to unlikely give me a Peak reading.

Give it a bit more time. Replace the batteries and give it another month or two

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Should we continue to do the deed? Every day? Every other day?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Reason I ask is it's actually been exhausting.

Use this to give your body and mind a break.

I can't tell you how many people actually get pregnant when they stop stressing about it

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you recommend to just stop taking temps and using the monitor/OPKs at this time? Maybe take a break from it? I feel it's stressing me out because these methods (up until this month) seem to be suggesting there's nothing wrong with me. But because I've not gotten pregnant, my body is not coinciding with these methods, and it's making me think there's something wrong with me.

yes I do recommend a break from all of it for at least 1-2 months

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
One more point - is there a medical explanation as to why I didn't get a Peak on the monitor when every prior month, I've always gotten a Peak?

I'm not sure.

It could be a problem with the monitor like we talked about

Thanks for this question.

Please don't forget a positive rating.

I appreciate it

If you have more questions, just reply