Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

I'm not sure if i should bother getting a home pregnancy

Customer Question

I'm not sure if i should bother getting a home pregnancy test...had sex about 9 days before my period. It ended about a week and a half ago but i suddenly started cramping and having discharge that started white then went slightly pink and is now mostly brown and with increasing amounts
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: No I don't believe so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 10 months ago.

these symptoms are not typical for pregnancy and the period which took place after the sexual contact exclude it too. Instead a vaginal infection could be the reason. Often it´s a yeast infection, so an over-the-counter creme could resolve the problem (clotrimazole). If this doesn´t help, examination by your OB/GYN would be recommended.

Hope you get well soon, kind regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele