Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

I have a (silly) question. I have a friend who has genital

Customer Question

Hello! I have a (silly) question. I have a friend who has genital HPV (also warts). Is it possible that when she came out of the bathroom and touched my hand I might get it or spread it by accident to my genital area? If I just use sope to wash my hands after she touched me is it enough? Everywhere I read it sais that normal desinfectants don't kill it and it can live up to 7 days. I used betadine to desinfect but prior to that I used my phone and touched other things too. Thank you for your answer!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 9 months ago.

in this case I can reassure you, a contamination with HPV can definitely only occur by direct personal contact with existing warts. So here´s no risk at all for you.

Best regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele