Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I have taken birth control to control my period first time

Customer Question

Hello, I have taken birth control to control my period for the first time for the holidays. I took yaz and my period still came and it is heavier than usual and longer. It did not help control or stop it. Any suggestions to stop my period. It's very difficult to have my period during my vacation
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 11 months ago.

How regular have your periods been?

When was your last normal period?

When did you start taking the Yaz? Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My periods have been regular. Last normal period was last month. Feb 10th I started taking yaz for my vacation that started Feb 21st and my period came normally on the 23rd but is heavier and longer than normal. Usually it would be finished by today. The reason why I took it in the first place was to stop it from ruining my vacation.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I read on an earlier thread that you posted that if I triple up my Yaz it could help? Or can it make it worse?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is urgent and I had to re ask the question to another doctor. Thank you for your time.