Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I have burning stinging and swelling on my labia Had ruff

Customer Question

I have burning stinging and swelling on my labia Had ruff sex and a bit of tearing now I have a little bump on my labia that is beyond painful an burning.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure I don't have any weird discharge and no issues using the bathroom The entrance to my vagina still hurts and now it is very dry there
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also, no itching. The skin looks white around the opening of my vagina and the little area between that and my butt. Trouble sitting, and walking- it's painful. I asked my partner and he says he does not have herpes.Also prior to this issue I thought I might have a UTI so my doctor gave me a three day course of antibiotics due to small teases of bacteria in my urine sample about a week ago.
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 9 months ago.

How old are you?

How long has the skin looked white?

How long has the burning and the bump been there? Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
34
3days it's looked white
6-7 days the burning inflammation has been there and about 3 days for the bump.

It's difficult to be very sure without seeing you and doing an exam.

When the skin looks white around the vaginal opening and the area between there and the anus, it's usually a condition called lichen sclerosus. It's a skin condition that we don't know why it occurs, but it can cause irritation and is easily injured.

I would have to see the bump, but I suspect that the bump and the stinging and swelling are due to skin injury from the rough sex. If so, they will require some time to heal. Sitting in water with epsom salts will be soothing and healing.

I think you really should see a good OB/GYN doctor to be sure just what is going on.

The bump could also be a number of other things, including a genital wart.