I have been taking ovulation
induction drugs for 5 cycles now and am not sure whether it is worth continuing as I seem to be getting highly mixed results. I have tried:
- Clomiphene 5 mg - oestradiol day12 = 1600, didn't scan for follicles, no progesterone
at day 21. Took Provera, got a period.
- Clomiphene 2.5 mg - oestradiol day 12 = 1200, didn't scan for follicles, no progesterone at day 21. Took Provera, no period.
- Letrozole 2.5 mg - oestradiol day 12 134; oestradiol day 16 122, scan day 16 no dominant follicle (a few follicles around 10mm) and endometrial thickness 6mm. No period. Took provera. No period.
- Letrozole 5 mg - oestradiol day 10 =212, oestradiol day 17 = 157; scan day 17 showed one dominant follicle 24x22mm but endometrium
only 5mm; used Ovidrel day 17; progesterone test day 25 = 19. Got period day 30.
Had a break from taking drugs for a month then tried:
- Letrozole 7.5 mg - oestradiol day 12 = 1040; scan day 12 showed one dominant follicle 30mm so used Ovidrel, got period on day 25.
- Letrozole 7.5 mg - oestradiol day 12 = <44!
I have no idea what is happening. Is it worth continuing with Letrozole or trying Clomiphene again with scans this time? I'm so confused and my gynocologist isn't getting back to me so I think she may not know what to do either. What would you recommend?