Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

This is an emergency. My daughter who is pregnant (9 weeks)

Customer Question

Hello this is an emergency. My daughter who is pregnant (9 weeks) has been diagnosed that her baby was dead inside her. She had began with some bleeding days before. The doctor gave her mifepristone for 4 days and some other drug.
She visited the doctor yesterday and it seems to be that the baby was still alive.
So now doctor say she has to wait and see what happen.
My question is, if the miscarriage does not happen, what are the side effects this drug can have over the baby?
can this drug produce brain or physical malformation?
At this very moment she has no bleeding but she is in pain, in her womb and her back.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 1 year ago.

in this case it's an "all-or-nothing" situation. Surely there´s a risk of miscarriage right now, the outcome has to be awaited. Nevertheless there´s still a chance that the baby survives and I can reassure you, then it will cause absolutely no riks for further progression and for the health of the child.

Hope that everything will turn out all right, best regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele