Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

My name is ***** *****, I have a question about whether or

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****, I have a question about whether or not I should take Plan B. I am on an estrogen/progestin birth control pill, but I have not been good about taking it at the exact same time every day, although I do take it within the same ~4-5 hour window every day. I had intercourse without a condom but used the "pull out" method. Do you think I need to take plan B to be safe?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am on an estrogen/progestin birth control pill, but I have not been good about taking it at the exact same time every day, although I do take it within the same ~4-5 hour window every day. I had intercourse without a condom but used the "pull out" method. Do you think I need to take plan B to be safe?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne. I can help you today.

I'm sorry to hear about your concern. But there is no need to take Plan B in this case. Taking the pill within 4-5 hour window daily is good enough to preserve pregnancy prevention. The worst thing that would happen with that length of difference is break through bleeding. Try setting your cell phone alarm to take the pill a bit more consistently if possible. But no need to take Plan B.

I hope this was reassuring and helpful. Please reply if I can clarify anything.

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 11 months ago.

Any questions?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
All set. Thank you so much for your help!
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 11 months ago.

You're welcome. I'm glad to help. Please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks.