Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

Wife's pregnancy, Yes, she is 5 weeks pregnant. Have extreme

Customer Question

wife's pregnancy
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, she is 5 weeks pregnant. Have extreme pain in her uterus area. Comes and goes. Mostly at night and she's unable to sleep. No bleeding. Been to the doctor and says no issues. But the pain seems to get worse
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 11 months ago.

when the doctor´s examination resulted ok, the pain can be caused by muscular growth of the unterus because of pregnancy. The use of magnesium tablets should help, you get them over the counter.

Best regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Understood, that's the same information we found online. The only concern is that the pain is more intense than what is describe for "normal". She is describing it like being stabbed. She has woken up from the pain every night crying for the last week. She has a very high pain tolerance, this is why I'm concerned. We have a follow up visit today with the doctor to review lab results. Is there any questions or issues you would recommend to discuss to be on the safe side?

Important is to exclude an ovarian cyst by ultrasound examination and an inflammation by blood test. If this turns out good, magnesium should help and there´s no reason to worry then.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What dosage of magnesium do you recommend?

I would recommend magnesium citrate 200mg two times a day.

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele