Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .
6740150

I have two polyps near in my anus where I wipe. Should I

Customer Question

I have two polyps near in my anus where I wipe. Should I have these looked at and by whom?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Since how long you have these polyps/lump near anus?

Ever blood in stool?

Are the lump painful?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have had the small bumps for about one month and there is no blood or pain.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having polyps in your anus suggests the possibility of a condition called hemorrhoids.Hemorrhoids are swollen, inflamed veins around the anus or lower rectum.Too much pressure on the veins in the pelvic and rectal area causes hemorrhoids.
Less likely,it can be anal fistula.
You need:
-Rectal examination
-Anoscopy
-Stool examination

Yes,you need to get it examined by your ano-rectal doctor or a GP & the tests described above for confirmation & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Till then you can apply Americaine Hemorrhoidal cream to the anal polyps/lump.Applying vasoconstrictors like Ephedrine sulfate 0.1% to 1.25%.These make the blood vessels become smaller, which may reduce swelling & hence the polyp/lump.

These are available as OTC without prescription.

Hope this helped

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh