Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I have had pelvic pain over a period of weeks now. I had it

Customer Question

Hi; I have had pelvic pain over a period of weeks now. I had it in 2014 and now it's back in 2016. Stays around for weeks, starts on right side usually. Had 2 ultrasounds, one in 2014 and one a few weeks ago. Both saw mild fluid in the cul-de-sac and endocervical canal, and that's all. Gyn says may have been a cyst rupturing, but I'm concerned that the pain is staying around so long - and that this has happened to me twice now. Thanks for any insight you can provide.
JA: The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: There is also concurrent chest pain. Saw a gastro because the pain is sometimes worse after eating, did an endocopy and colonscopy, nothing there. Did all kinds of cardiac tests in 2014, also nothing. Concerned about ovarian cancer even though ultrasounds show nothing on ovaries.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also had blood work for liver, pancreas, kidney functioning, and inflammation - nothing.
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hi

There is no indication of ovarian cancer.

It does sound like a cyst.

CT would completely rule out ovarian CA, but ultrasound is almost as good.

This does not sound like endometriosis.

Fibroids have been ruled out.

Irritable bowel should be considered as well.

If you are 50 or older, you should have a colonoscopy.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.