Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .
6740150

Wiped my vagina with clorox disinfecting wipes. now vagina

Customer Question

wiped my vagina with clorox disinfecting wipes. now vagina is soar and dry. should I seek medical attention?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Have you used these wipes for the first time?

Is there redness?

Any discharge or itching?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Dear customer

Here is your answer.

Swelling & soreness of vagina is called vaginitis that is inflammation of the vagina.

When you wiped your vagina with clorox disinfecting wipes,the ingredients present may have caused the allergy or the possibility can be rubbing may have caused this soreness & dryness of vagina.

Use only water and no soap on the vulva.If the skin is not blistering, moisturizing cream may be applied to relieve discomfort.Apply topical steroids (such as 1% hydrocortisone cream) to help ease & reduce the swelling.

Take tab.Zyrtec.It contains Cetirizine & is a second-generation antihistamine.Also take tab. Ibuprofen 400mg from the counter. It is non steroidal anti inflammatory drug & will relieve the soreness & swelling greatly.All these medications are available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor for examination & hence the prescription medication accordingly.

Usually & most likely the symptoms get relieved with these above OTC medications.

Hope this helped

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh