Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

I have two potential fathers. The first was on December 16,

Customer Question

I have two potential fathers. The first was on December 16, during my ovulation period. A week after I could feel the tenderness of my breast and had a better sense of smell. The second (he was tested for having a low sperm count) was on January2. I took two pregnancy test a couple weeks after the second and they both said negative. My period was suppose to start on January 4 but did not have one for the whole month of January. So I went to the doctor on February 5 and had an ultrasound and got a blood test. The ultrasound said I was 6 weeks and 3 days. The blood test said my hcg level said 13488.08. I went back a week later on February 12 and had another ultrasound. This ultrasound said I was 6 weeks and 2 days and there was a distinctive heartbeat. Which one would more likely be the father?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 1 year ago.

HCG-level has a very wide range (7th week 1000-50.000), so this doesn´t allow a secure statement. But the first ultrasound measuring leads to a conception date at Jan.5th, the second at Jan.13th. Therefore it´s pretty sure that you can exclude the first partner as father.

Best regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele