Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

My name is ***** ***** I started taking Provera 10MG on 2/7

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I started taking Provera 10MG on 2/7 - I need to delay my period until 2/23 - will this work? I am due to get it on 2/20
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

Since a period usually starts due to the drop in progesterone, taking Provera will often be able to prevent a period from starting. However, Provera 10mg may not be enough to do the job. I would recommend taking Provera 20mg daily to be more sure of delaying your period.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I started taking 20mg starting today and continued to take it through the 22nd you think that would be enough?

Yes, I think that would work well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you.

You're welcome.

Please click the rating stars. Thank you.