Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
88055251

Are there any herbal docs on here?? I need to what Cramp

Customer Question

Are there any herbal docs on here?? I need to what Cramp Bark and Black Haw are really used for
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I need to know what natural herbs are used to stop miscarriages and strenghen the cervix
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Manos MD, board certified obgyn. I noticed you are the customer with recurrent miscarriage. Anyway, I know for myself that I never used the herbals except for pelvic pain and painful periods. It has been mentioned for miscarriages but mostly for a patient with your recurrent pregnancy loss after a work-up and testing to find a number of factors behind the loss problem and then the herbs can be beneficial in about 20% of patients with a specific reason for the pregnancy loss. I knew midwives, some that I backed up or supervised, and they used different herbs only after they determined what the problems they were dealing with. Fortunately, recurrent pregnancy loss is uncommon but treatable after a thorough study and testing to determine the cause. Most credible herbal prescribers would not use herbs without having the patient thoroughly evaluated by a doctor specializing in recurrent early pregnancy loss. When miscarriage happens, there is something that is wrong with the egg or sperm and nature ends up with the miscarriage as a natural means to empty the uterus and try again. Most women can have a miscarriage somewhere in their pregnancies where they had a random doomed pregnancy happen. Two losses and certainly three in a row absolutely need specialized evaluation.