Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I am a healthy 54 year old woman with a previously diagnosed

Customer Question

I am a healthy 54 year old woman with a previously diagnosed simple ovarian cyst that has now upon follow up ultrasound been diagnosed as a cyst with some debris and it has grown a bit. I am freaking out.
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 10 months ago.

.

Hi, I am privileged to help you get more understanding about your current concern. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or Skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

A few questions first to clarify your concern:

1. Are you still have your menstrual periods? If not when did they stop?

2. How large is the cyst?

3. Have you had ovarian cysts in the past? If so how long ago was the last one? Is this current one on the same side as the last?

4. Do you have any medical problems? If so what?
5. Did you have monthly periods throughout your life? If not describe briefly

6. Have you ever had any infertility treatment? IF so describe