Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Okay so I have this bump/pimple on my labia majora I

Customer Question

Okay so I have this bump/pimple on my labia majora I believe. I've went and got seen at a clinic and she said nothing appears to look anything like warts or herpes. But she said feel free to go to the actual obgyn, problem with that is I don't have insurance. The bump started out as just a hard skin colored bump. Recently i thought it was starting to go away after having it for 2 months. Now it seems to have maybe opened up since it stings to the touch...it is still skinned colored and kinda looks like a 1/2 inch bump that like appears like a line. I have no idea what to do anymore. Doesn't itch or burn without skin contact. Clinic said they didn't see any signs of an std and it appeared to be all natural.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It might be less then 1/2 inch but it seems like one bump in a small line. And I also had a problem with an ingrown hair that I thought was the same thing and was just an ingrown hair and went away within two weeks but this has stayed with me for just about 2 months..
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

A skin colored bump in the labia majora is most often a sebaceous cyst, which occurs when an oil gland gets blocked. They are common in the labia area. They don't require removal or treatment unless they are bothersome. The oil glands are located with each hair shaft.

However, they don't usually cause any pain unless they become infected, so it's hard to really know without seeing it.

I'm afraid you'd have to see an OB/GYN doctor to really know just what it is.

It's unlikely to be an std, especially since you've been seen at the clinic and that was their opinion.