DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
15221770

Its been 2months i am not periods ,but i have severe cramps

Customer Question

Its been 2months i am not periods ,but i have severe cramps and i am not pregnant.
Please advice me what to do .i am very much depressed because of this.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Manos, MD, Board Certified ObGyn. I don't have your phone number but with your missed period and severe cramps my advice is to be evaluated by a gynecologist and certainly have an ultrasound study. You are depressed by not knowing the why about your problem. Take responsibility for your situation and take action to find out what's going on and to get out of being stuck with depression. I hope you understand what to do.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I some time having spotting as well ,I usually have late periods and changed my state for work,when i moved here i had period but suddenly i dont know what happened.

You don't know what happened so you need to find out by getting answers from someone that can see what's going on.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I understand but iam looking for medicines to improvise my period cycle

You say you want medicines to improvise your period. That is what doctors do to help their patients. I advise you to get the care that your symptoms need. No period, severe discomfort, spotting of blood. Not to mention being depressed about it.

Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 10 months ago.

Hello

I am a gynecologist and very much familiar with the symptoms what you are having with.

If you are not pregnant it is due to hormonal imbalance. PCOS is one of the most common cause, others are hypothyroidism.

So blood test like TSH, LH,FSH and an USG can confirm the diagnosis.

Your period can be started by withdrawal bleeding by progesterone and the ocp can be given from day 5 for 21 days.

Thanks

Please ask any question if you have.