Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

Choices and question: Kindly do NOT answer this question

Customer Question

Choices and question: Kindly do NOT answer this question unless you are willing to give a full response to all the points I mention. I am 72 years old. My wife is 62. She had a hysterectomy about 5 years ago. Since then having vaginal sex was near impossible due to her pain. Now things are so bad that we cannot even try. She has contacted her doctor about this and she IS in good hands but is reluctant to ask the questions that I have. She does REFUSE to take any drug that would help the problem due to the possible devastating side effects. I do not blame her for her decision at all. We both have normal sexual desires. However since intercourse is now impossible it seems like the only possibility would be anal sex. We have done that only one time 20 years ago. It is NOT my preference, but would be an alternative. What does a medical expert like yourself suggest or caution couples regarding this? I am sure that many other couples are facing this exact problem. I suppose I am looking for professional advice indicating that anal sex is perfectly taking any precautions a Doctor might suggest. I don't want an answer to please me, but I want an honest answer. If it sounds reasonable I will discuss it with my wife. I know that this is a common practice, but that does not assure her PROFESSIONALLY that it is an acceptable alternative. If you need more information just ask.
Optional Information:
Woman's Age: 65
When was your last visit?: 4 months
What have you tried so far?: creams & lubricants to no avail. Vaginal intercourse is extremely painful and therefore impossible. I do have regular visits with my doctor
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 10 months ago.

I addressed this in your other post, but the system is not allowing me to report this as a duplicate question.