Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

I've been on Levora about a month now and was on altavera

Customer Question

I've been on Levora for just about a month now and was on altavera before. They switched me because my new pharmacy didn't have altavera. I noticed spotting with Levora and I've only been on it a month. Is this normal? I never miss a pill and just had sex about 2 weeks ago. Could it be that I'm pregnant pr just spotting
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 10 months ago.

Levora and Altavera are different brand names of the same product and contain the same amount of estrogen and progesterone. However, all pills contain inactive substances which may be different from one another.

Spotting may be normal when you shift from one type of pill to another. This can be due to breakthrough bleeding from the endometrium (inner lining ) of the uterus and may be normal.

Protection against pregnancy sets in after you have been on a birth control pill for at last 7 consecutive days. Since you had sex 2 weeks after starting the pill, you are unlikely to be pregnant.

I hope this helps.

Please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.