khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.
20084961

I am a physician, who is in perimenopause, My periods had

Customer Question

Hi Dr. ***** *****, I am a physician, who is in perimenopause, My periods had become fairly heavy over the last few years. I also have a uterine fibroid which I elected to watch. Around 6 months ago, I stopped having periods, but then on Jan 2 it restarted, and did not stop for 2 weeks, very heavy. So I started prometrium 200 mg to 300 mg q hs and medroxyprogesterone 10 mg. I am still having spotting and just feel ick on the hormones. I had an endometrial biopsy a few days ago, and the doc recommended indefinite therapy until menopause with noethindrone. What are your thoughts. I have a business trip scheduled in Europe, so heavy bleeding will be bad. Should I try to come off it. When my cycles were rregular the bleeding never lasted more than 8 to 9 days
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My first name is Bonnie
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: ok, its ok Dr. ***** *****, thanks I will follow up with my doc
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 10 months ago.

It could be endometrial hyperplasia or endometrial cancer. You should continue to take norethindrone which is a progesterone pill. If it is endometrial hyperplasia. it could treat endometrial hyperplasia.