Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I took birth control pills weeks got a light period 5 days

Customer Question

hi,
I took birth control pills for 5 weeks got a light period 5 days after stopping and another 5 weeks have passed since then and haven't received my period-does it come form taking those pills? is there any way to fasten my period or do sometihn g that I shouldn't miss it?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 10 months ago.

When a woman stops taking the pill, she gets a period, and then the following period will usually be 1-2 weeks late.

It's normal, and there's usually nothing you can do but wait for your period to start.

If your periods were irregular before starting the pill, then your next period might be even more than 1-2 weeks late. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thanks!
is there any way to make your period come faster?-for the past few days I feel the symtoms I normally feel before getting but I actually don't get it.

You could take progesterone pills or birth control pills for 5 days, and then your period would come a few days later. That may or may not really get your period faster, depending on when it might be coming on its own.

It usually considered better to just wait, unless it takes a really long time for your period to come.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you
what would be the best most natural progesterone pill?

Prometrium is natural progesterone. It does require a doctor's prescription.

There are progesterone creams that you can buy over the counter, but they are not dependable for giving you enough progesterone to do the job.