Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
88055251

Dear doctor, please read my previous questions about a

Customer Question

Dear doctor, please read my previous questions about a recent situation that had happened. Brief: my girl friend and I had sex, and her period came late, asked doctors help and advice and then period finally came after quite a while. However right now it's been more than one week since the period came and ended 11 days ago. However my girlfriend and I have relize that she has minor bleeding very little and we are worried about what this might be? Could this mean she is pregnant?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
She also mentioned about a gel like clear discharge, with a bit of blood
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Ted Manos MD, board certified obgyn. I take it there is no contraception. The late bleeding was probably a period and the spotting since can happen as the system adjusts to last month's delay. Now the clear discharge is probably from her cervix signaling she is releasing an egg. You might avoid each other for a few days or when the discharge stops. Any question you have about pregnancy can be helped by a urine pregnancy test in the future. I hope this info is a benefit to you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Dear doctor I apologise for my late response however my girlfriend told me today she found blood but there wasn't any blood stains is this a sign of pregnancg?

Hello again. Other than a missed period a positive pregnancy test is the most accurate. There is a blood test that is very accurate and a urine pregnancy test done by the woman at home first thing in the morning. The urine test is much more inexpensive. Wondering about pregnancy signs doesn't help. Imagine figuring how much gas is in the gas tank without meter on the dashboard. When did I put gas in and how far have I driven. Oops, I'm stuck as the car isn't starting but it's trying.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi doctor it's me again, about my girlfriend she suppose to have her period a day ago but now she is a date late, she counted from
The last time she had her period which is the incident. And she says she feels fatter? And breast hurt a lot. She's svared she's pregnant

She might be pregnant and a pregnancy test might be helpful.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Alrigjt doctor thanks. But I'd like to ask if the late period last time could affect the arrival of this period.

The last period don't matter right now. All that matters with her concern is what a pregnancy test shows today or you can wait for a few days for the period that might happen.