Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

My DHEA-S result is 567 ug/dl and I am 34 years old. Is that

Customer Question

My DHEA-S result is 567 ug/dl and I am 34 years old. Is that testosterone level? Is this high? What could that mean?"
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 10 months ago.

Yes, your DHEA S result is high . In women, this level may be high in PCOS, cases of excessive hair growth , irregular periods, or infertility.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What is PCOS? What are the causes could be for it being so high? I do have excessive hair growth, that's why I requested the blood work.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Does that mean I have a high testosterone level ? I've noticed my desire for sex has increased. Is that related to that ?

PCOS is a condition in which there is high male hormone levels in women together with irregular periods, excessive hair growth, increased weight gain and irregular periods. It is a complex hormonal problem but can be treated - please consult an Obgyn for a full workup.

Yes, a high male hormone level cna increase the libido - the sexual desire. DHEA S inot testosterone but is the precursor of testosterone - meaning that testosterone an be formed in the body from DHEA - S.

Please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My gynecologist said since all my other results are normal, it's nothing to worry about it. And that's I am fine and OK. I am not comfortable with that. I think, that is a reason my dheas is high. You recommendations what can I do in this situation ?