khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.
20084961

Im having unusual pelvic pain and bleeding. It feels like I

Customer Question

Im having unusual pelvic pain and bleeding. It feels like I have fiberglass in my vagina. It s been 2 weeks since I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and I think he was sleeping with other women behind my back.
Saw a young gynecologist today, felt like he blew me off...yes, I got tested for all STDs, but my concern is my current pain (about a 5 on a 1 to10 scale)and bleeding. Today the bleeding went from brown to red, light for 5 days now. Last two paps were : low grade dysplasia, 6 months ago, "normal; in december.
What does this sound like it could be?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 10 months ago.

Do you have odorous discharge? Fever? Any medications?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No odor discharge. No fever. No meds

Did you have a pregnancy test?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I took a plan B two days later...intercourse happened on the 6th

Plan B is not 100%. Did your doctor make you have a urine or blood pregnancy test at his/her office?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
They did not...if we had intercourse on the 6th, would this bleeding and pain be pregnancy related? If I ve had a few abnormal paps (not consistently), is it likely to be more cervix related?
It does it sound more like a STD gonorrhea/chamlydia? I haven't had before

It is a bit early. If you are pregnant, you are around 4 weeks pregnant. Did you have bleeding after taking Plan B?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No bleeding immediately after the pill. Pain and bleeding gradually came around.
The bright blood today is what alarms me. Wasn't a lot, but certainly don't see in between periods. We didn't have rough intercourse either.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It s not period either. That was in dec 27...
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Too early of a period considering bleeding started about 5 days ago
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the unusual pelvic sensation unlike anything I've ever felt

Plan B is synthetic progesterone which is hormone. It makes your period irregular (time & period). It could be the side effect. It would stop. If you feel dizzy, lightheadedness, short of breath, palpitation because of anemia, you should see your doctor or go to the ER.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That could explain the irregular bleeding, but the fact there's abnormal pain as well is unerving...and it s not cramps.
How could I be certain it s not PID?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Feels like a burn inside, but none when I urinate

If you have PID, you feel pain when the doctor hold the cervix and move it. Also the discharge is more likely odorous. The burning sensation could be due to a vaginal injury. Did your doctor give you a pelvic exam?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He did, a very brief one. I guess I ll just bear with pain until I get results for G and C. Supposedly back by fri/Monday
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My boyfriend was promiscuous, so I'm very concerned.

It should be fast. You will get the result by Friday. Chlamydia could cause bleeding. But it can be treated. You should always ask him to use condoms so that you can avoid HIV, HCV, and HBV.