khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.
20084961

Im having unusual pelvic pain and bleeding. It feels like I

Customer Question

Im having unusual pelvic pain and bleeding. It feels like I have fiberglass in my vagina. It s been 2 weeks since I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and I think he was sleeping with other women behind my back.
Saw a young gynecologist today, felt like he blew me off...yes, I got tested for all STDs, but my concern is my current pain (about a 5 on a 1 to10 scale)and bleeding. Today the bleeding went from brown to red, light for 5 days now. Last two paps were : low grade dysplasia, 6 months ago, "normal; in december.
What does this sound like it could be?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Do you have odorous discharge? Fever? Any medications?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No odor discharge. No fever. No meds
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Did you have a pregnancy test?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took a plan B two days later...intercourse happened on the 6th
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Plan B is not 100%. Did your doctor make you have a urine or blood pregnancy test at his/her office?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They did not...if we had intercourse on the 6th, would this bleeding and pain be pregnancy related? If I ve had a few abnormal paps (not consistently), is it likely to be more cervix related?
It does it sound more like a STD gonorrhea/chamlydia? I haven't had before
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

It is a bit early. If you are pregnant, you are around 4 weeks pregnant. Did you have bleeding after taking Plan B?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No bleeding immediately after the pill. Pain and bleeding gradually came around.
The bright blood today is what alarms me. Wasn't a lot, but certainly don't see in between periods. We didn't have rough intercourse either.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It s not period either. That was in dec 27...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Too early of a period considering bleeding started about 5 days ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the unusual pelvic sensation unlike anything I've ever felt
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Plan B is synthetic progesterone which is hormone. It makes your period irregular (time & period). It could be the side effect. It would stop. If you feel dizzy, lightheadedness, short of breath, palpitation because of anemia, you should see your doctor or go to the ER.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That could explain the irregular bleeding, but the fact there's abnormal pain as well is unerving...and it s not cramps.
How could I be certain it s not PID?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Feels like a burn inside, but none when I urinate
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

If you have PID, you feel pain when the doctor hold the cervix and move it. Also the discharge is more likely odorous. The burning sensation could be due to a vaginal injury. Did your doctor give you a pelvic exam?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He did, a very brief one. I guess I ll just bear with pain until I get results for G and C. Supposedly back by fri/Monday
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My boyfriend was promiscuous, so I'm very concerned.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

It should be fast. You will get the result by Friday. Chlamydia could cause bleeding. But it can be treated. You should always ask him to use condoms so that you can avoid HIV, HCV, and HBV.