Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

My last exam my doctor told me i had an ulcer on my cervix

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** my last exam my doctor told me i had an ulcer on my cervix
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: cause with my last boyfriend, i would bleed during sex. not alot but enough to be noticed. so i went to the doctor for a regular check up and he noticed the ulcer on my cervix, he checked it out and said there is nothing to worry about but my question is how do i know if it went away? and how do i know if i have it again
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to OB GYN Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 10 months ago.

You can only know if a cervical ulcer is gone by having a pelvic exam. What do you mean by "checking it out. "

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
im assuming he checked if it was infected? he told me not to worry about it. if it is still there how is it removed
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what causes them to appear?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 10 months ago.

A cervical ulcer would not be infected. It was most likely just a ruptured cyst. It would resolve on its own. Ulcers can form due to herpes or syphilis.