Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

I had yeast infection symptoms starting last Friday

Customer Question

I had yeast infection symptoms starting last Friday (1-15-16) and MOnday I called my family doctor and he prescribed fluconazole. I took the fluconazole Monday evening and the symptoms started to subside, but yesterday (Tuesday) the itching and burning returned, and towards evening my vulvar region started to get swollen and sore. The area is still very swollen and tender and making it somewhat uncomfortable to sit.I couldn't get an appointment with an ob-gyn until next Tuesday. Is there anything I can do about this in the meantime to make things more comfortable?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 10 months ago.

in this case I would recommend the local use of clotrimazole cream for 3-4 days, you get it over the counter in pharmacy.

Get well soon, best regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele