Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
88055251

I was celibate years as a member of a religious order and

Customer Question

I was celibate for three years as a member of a religious order and did not masturbate for long periods of time and noticed a gradual decrease in sperm and semen volume over time until eventually there was none. Now I am no longer a part of the group and have still not had sex but I experience the same problem, dry orgasms. On occasion there is a small amount in my urethra after an orgasm. I know this is a very personal question but looking everywhere I still have found no answers. Please help.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Manos, board certified obgyn. I have some questions including how old were you when you started masturbating, how often did you masturbate before your time with the group and how often you masturbate at present?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well when I was about 12-13 when I started and I found that I could have an orgasm. After I found that out it was about 4-7 times a week on average. Never had wet dreams. At 14 I became regularly sexually active until I was 17 (time that I joined the group). I only masturbated in the group say 50 times or something over the corse of three years and I seldom even thought about sex although I had many beautiful young women as my peers. Now I masturbate mainly to see if I can ejaculate. I do it about 3-4 times a week (I'm also single and haven't found the one). I also wanted to note that while in the group I started to lose my ability to have the feeling of a climax. Which I have now regained and an orgasm feels almost completely normal. I appreciate your help. It's not something I feel comfortable sharing in general as it's very embarrassing and I don't have health insurance yet so no primary doctor.

Thanks for the additional info. I imagine you have some fluid leaking with an errction that the body releases as a lubricant for the semen and sperm. Sometimes there is a subtlety to the orgasm where there is a difference in semen volume. At your age it will improve particularly when you have relations with "the one". A lot has to do with comfort about yourself and the business at hand. Any concerns about your function will cause some effect on what's going on. Let it go and it should not be present in the long run. I hope this can give you something to be assured about.