Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
88055251

Dating someone months we had sex first time this week. We

Customer Question

Dating someone for 4 months we had sex for the first time this week. We had sex four times and it was rough but I was lubricated, the next day I had frequent painful small amounts of urination and had a white coating I also didn't smell fresh. I also got little pimples that grew and became sore. I went to the gyno yesterday and she thinks it might be herpes. My steady boyfriend and I have not had any issues in the past. Is there anyway it's not herpes.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Manos, board certified obgyn. It sounds like the Gyn wasn't sure about diagnosis. If a culture was done that will take some days for results but would help to answer your question. Herpes virus is common, particularly the oral type. Herpes genital lesions are more burning than sore. If it is herpes worrying makes it worse. Not focusing on it helps for healing. I've had patients use a hairdryer on low to soothe the area. What could it be other than herpes is purely speculating. The question is what will happen the next time

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It feels sore when I'm not peeing. When I pee it burns and feels like I'm peeing glass
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am honestly hoping that I am having an allergic reaction to the hand towel I used at the hotel we stayed at. It was our first time together so he wanted it to be a romantic night out in the city. He said the towels smelled moldey but I didn't realize till after I had washed and dried my vagina with it.

Towel not likely the problem. Urine eliciting the discomfort points to herpes vs let's say yeast. The more you focus on it the worse it can get. Use some Vaseline or desitin as a barrier to the urine.