Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I have taken 3 pregnancy tests within 2 weeks. The first 2

Customer Question

I have taken 3 pregnancy tests within 2 weeks. The first 2 said pregnant 1-2 weeks. I went to the er because I was cramping & my last period was dec. 16-20. The hcg was positive & 448 was the level. They did an ultrasound to make sure there was a pregnancy in the uterus but couldn't really tell what was in the uterus. She said they could not tell if a gestational sac was showing yet. So she then said it could be one of many things.. Too early to tell, an ectopic, the uterus preparing for miscarriage, or a chemical pregnancy. My ovary had a cyst too. But I pretty much left there with NO answers. She wants me to come back on Sunday to see if my hcg levels have gone up or down.... But I came home & took another one of my tests & the results now say pregnant 2-3 instaed of 1-2.... I'm scared.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David

you shouldn't be scared.

when you are pregnant, normal pregnancies can cause doubling of the bHCG levels every 2 days for the first four weeks of pregnancy

that is why your doctor wants to check your bHCG levels on Sunday. that is tomorrow, correct?

your home pregnancy test seem to show increase of your bHCG levels

do you want to be pregnant?